Mount Shasta's Premier Vacation Rental
Gilden Lodge, situated in beautiful Mount Shasta in Northern California, is a stunning 5,000 square foot hand crafted log cabin which can accommodate up to 10 people in incredible comfort, has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and is available for vacation rentals year round. Telephone (530) 859-9125 for availability and more information.
Located about a mile from the town center of Mount Shasta on 2 acres, Gilden has breathtaking views of Mount Shasta, Mount Eddy, Black Butte, and Castle Crags. This is an incredibly peaceful and quiet place - the perfect place to relax and unwind, explore the great outdoors and the wilderness of the Shasta Cascade Mountains - swim in one of the many lakes - go canoeing, boating or kayaking - ski, snowboard, toboggan or snowmobile- and after a fun day, unwind in our amazing log sauna - then watch a movie on the big screen in our home theater room, or play a game of pool, or cozy up with a book in front of a big log fire.
For golfers there are 4 courses nearby - Mount Shasta Resort (18 holes - also has a day spa), Lake Shastina Golf Resort (18 holes), McCloud Golf Course (9 holes) and Weed Golf Course (9 holes). Fishermen are also spoiled for choice - the Upper Sacramento & McCloud Rivers offer world class fishing - then there are many mountain lakes, and the Pit, Trinity and Klamath Rivers are nearby (we have a fishing rod available in the lodge for anyone who wants to try their hand!).
The lodge is fully equipped and designed for your every comfort and is the perfect setting for honeymoons, family gatherings, or any special occasion. The lodge is decorated with an eclectic mix of antiques, custom-made furniture, original artwork & reclaimed lumber - check out our guest comments to see what our clients think!
- massive great room with vaulted ceiling, log fireplace (wood provided), dining area (seats 8-10) and doors
leading to the wrap-around deck (2 outdoor dining tables - seats 12 - and gas BBQ)
- fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, stove, fridge, food processor, rice cooker,
coffee maker, coffee grinder, bread maker, blender, etc) with dining table (seats 6) and log fireplace
- master bedroom (king size log bed) & day bed (twin), with balcony looking to the mountain, satellite TV & DVD player, iPod & iPhone charger / player
- master bathroom with soaking tub (you can see the mountain from the tub!) and separate shower stall
- spa suite bedroom (king bed), satellite TV & DVD player, iPod & iPhone charger / player
- spa bathroom complete with log sauna and 2 person soaking tub (for the romantics among you)
- guest bedroom (queen bed), TV & DVD player, iPod & iPhone charger / player
- guest bedroom (full bed), iPod & iPhone charger / player
- 3rd bathroom
- 2 twin beds on the loft area overlooking the great room (a 3rd bed can be added to this area)
- mud room for storing skis and snowboards - also has extra fridge, sink & prep area
- pack'n'play crib/playpen (2), highchair, small chair & stool, stuffed toys, DVD's & games for children
- down comforters & towel warmers
- home theater room with 55" LCD flat screen TV, Direct TV HD Satellite DVR, Sony Home Theater system,
Dolby Surround Sound, extensive collection of DVD's, wet bar with fridge
- satellite TV with DVR (HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, ESPN), wide screen TV, DVD player,
Sony Playstation 2 , iPod Player (great room)
- free WiFi/ DSL (bring your laptop) & free long distance phone calls (international calls at low cost)
- gas barbeques (2 Weber grills - 1 large and 1 small) and outdoor dining on the deck
- 9' pool table (slate bed)
- laundry room (washer & dryer, iron & full size ironing board)
- books and board games
- well behaved pets welcome by arrangement
- ample parking on the property